The owner of the unit or apartment, mobile home, condominium, or cooperative multi-family rental housing requires Florida Residential Lease Agreement for Apartment or Multi-Family Housing while leasing the same to the tenant. However, please remember that this not suitable for leasing duplex unit, agricultural, commercial, or any other type of residential property and has tenure of 12 months. This lease agreement complies with Florida Residential Landlord and Tenant Act, Part II, Chapter 83, Florida Statutes. Please enclose a copy of the same along with an Addendum for Early Termination Fee or Liquidated Damages. This lease contract has 25 sections requiring inputs, selection of choices, and signatures. Please review this document carefully and prepare it together.
Steps to Fill Florida Residential Lease Agreement for Apartment or Multi-Family Housing
- Section I: Begin by entering the lease term and dates of commencement and termination of the lease. Then enter names, phone number, and email address of landlord and tenant on the respective lines.
- Section II: Enter number, street address, and name of the unit or apartment. Then list all appliances and furniture on the property. Write none if not applicable.
- Section IV: Enter rent amount, due date, the frequency of remittance, tax amounts, whether advance rent payment and due date, and information about the prorated rent on the respective lines.
- Section V: Enter amounts for a security deposit, advance rent, pet deposit, late charges, bad check fee, and any other charges to complete section V.
- Section VII: Enter the name and address of landlord’s agent to send lease payments and notices.
- Section VIII: Please make a selection of appropriate options for use of common area, pet deposit, permission for smoking, and provide information about the duration of the overnight stay of an occasional guest.
- Section IX: Select maintenance responsibility by entering the name of the tenant or landlord before each option from smoke detectors through any other maintenance. Then enter the amount to define major maintenance expenses.
- Section X: Enter names of utilities for which the landlord undertakes to make the payment.
- Section XVI: Select the box to permit a tenant to sublease or leave blank to prohibit subleasing.
- Section XX: Select between landlord and tenant to accept the responsibility of paying association application fee and security deposit if any.
- Section XXII: Please complete section XXII, Lead-based Paint Disclosure for apartment constructed on or prior to the year 1978. The landlord, tenant, and the agent must sign the respective lines in acceptance to the disclosure. In addition, landlord, tenant, and agent must sign Certification of Accuracy after entering the date.
- The landlord and the tenant must date and sign the Florida Residential Lease Agreement for Apartment or Multi-Family Housing to enter into a lease agreement.
- Provide information about Preparer if any.
- Enclose a copy of Florida Residential Landlord and Tenant Act, Part II, Chapter 83, Florida Statutes.
- Enclose a copy of Addendum for Early Termination Fee or Liquidated Damages.