The Month to Month rental agreement is a type of lease agreement which renews at the end of every month when the tenant pays the rent to the landlord, the lease can be terminated by either parties by provided they give a written notice of 30 days prior to terminating their lease.
This type of lease agreement is similar to the long term lease except that there are no long term obligations for the tenant and the landlord to continue the tenancy. The responsibilities of the tenant and the owner are the same as any other regular lease agreements or as stated in the State Landlord and Tenancy Laws.
Typical Example of a Month to Month Lease Agreement
You are visiting a friend in another state for few months but do not want to stay with him instead you want to rent an apartment for just the few months of your stay. You can then find a property where the landlord wishes to provide the apartment on lease on a Monthly basis and does not require the you to give any long term commitments. In this scenario you can download the month to month rental agreement template and proceed further with your renting an apartment in the said State.
Steps to Write Month to Month Lease Agreement
- Enter name of the landlord and tenant followed by the date of execution of the lease contract.
- Enter the physical address of the property.
- Enter the date of lease commencement.
- Enter the rent amount, due date each month, and landlord’s address to remit the rent on the respective lines. Enter the starting day of the month to compute the prorated rent.
- Enter due date and maximum permissible delayed due date for rent remittance. Continue by entering the per day amount of late payment penalty.
- Enter the amount of bad check penalty charges.
- Specify the amount of security deposit payable to the landlord.
- Provide information about proposed occupants on the premises.
- Enter the amount of additional pet deposit.
- Enter the amount of monthly rent in case of tenant’s holdover.
- Enter the name of the building to allot one parking space.
- The landlord must date and sign the agreement form.
- The tenant must date and sign the form after entering a print name. In addition, the tenant must provide particulars about the motor vehicle and contact information.