The Alabama month to month Rental Lease agreement is a document that binds the landlord and the tenant legally. It is written according to the Alabama state laws that govern the landlord and the tenant and sets up the tenancy at will according to Section 35-9A-441(b). With this kind of tenancy, there is no end date and either of the party can cancel or alter the agreement with a 30-day notice.
Steps to fill the Alabama Month to Month lease agreement
On the top, the respective county should be filled. The date of the agreement and the involved parties; the landlord and the tenant details are filled. The location and other details of the property are also filled.
- The beginning and end dates of the tenancy period
- Lead-based paint disclosure for buildings that were built before 1978
- The rental application which is attached to the agreement
- The rent amount to be paid as agreed by both parties as well as the late fee charges where applicable.The number of occupants allowed in the premises as well as their details
The other sections have detailed information on the following segments that the tenant should read carefully and understand:
- Returned checks
- Renewal terms
- Utilities and services
- Tenant’s obligations
- Maintenance of the premises
- Essential services and appliances
- Right to access
- The military clause that allows the members of the armed forces to present their permanent change of station orders and a written 30 days’ notice with intent to vacate the premises.Destruction or damage of the property
- Condemnation Absence, non-use or abandonment Deposit amount to be paid Non-compliance with the rental agreement or failure to pay the rent.
- Remedy after termination
- Prohibitive equipment or furniture
- Pets and the pet deposit allowed
- Peaceful enjoyment
- Rental rate adjustment
- Rules and regulations
- Joint responsibilities
- Landlord’s address that is open for communication.
- Non-reliance clause and other additional terms
Once the tenant has gone through the entire document, understood and ready to submit for vetting and tenancy, both parties sign. The last section includes the print name and signature of the tenant, the landlord, and the landlord’s agent.
The Alabama month to month agreement form enables the landlord to capture details of their tenants as well as lay down the obligations of both parties during the entire tenancy period as required by the Alabama state laws.