Washington Verbal Rental Agreement is a provisional residential lease agreement necessary when the tenant and the landlord do not possess and sign a lease agreement in writing. This Verbal Lease Agreement is pursuant to the Residential Landlord-Tenant Act (RCW 59.18) of Washington State. Such type of agreements is considered suitable for a month to month tenancy and Washington State law permits entering into such a verbal contract within the state jurisdiction. This legal document seeks information about the landlord, tenant, and terms of the lease along with the financial structure of the lease.
Please prepare this rental agreement in its entirety avoiding omissions and strikeouts. Both parties must understand that entering into such agreement is not suitable when the lease extends beyond one year. Please ensure that the landlord him / herself completes this agreement form. Please remember that any written and signed contract between a landlord and tenant supersedes such this Verbal Agreement. Both, the landlord and tenant must sign this form to execute it and enter into a legally binding agreement. However, notarization of these signatures is not necessary.
How to Prepare Washington Verbal Rental Agreement
- Enter the legal name of the landlord on the first line of the agreement template.
- Enter the legal name of the tenant on next line.
- Continue by entering the detailed address of the property. Please provide the physical address of the premises, including city name, state, and zip code.
- Enter the date of occupancy by the tenant on the next line.
- Enter the mutually agreed amount of rent in the US dollar. In addition, specify the interval of rent payment by circling month or week as appropriate.
- Enter the total number of occupants of the premises.
- Specify names of all occupants, including all tenant/s on the subsequent line. Use a separate line for each name.
- Specify if the landlord or tenant pays electricity charges by making the appropriate selection. This selection is binding on both parties.
- Select between the landlord or tenant to determine who is responsible for making expenses for heating the home.
- Specify the type of fuel required for heating the house. You may provide detailed information about the heating system in this portion of the verbal rental contract.
- Specify if the tenant is eligible for receiving a rent subsidy by selecting only one box to mark your response yes or no.
- Enter tenant’s phone number, date of execution of the agreement, and request the tenant to sign the form to execute it.
- Similarly, enter the date, your phone number, and sign as a landlord to enter into a verbal lease agreement between you and the tenant.
- Complete preparing this rental lease contract in its entirety by entering your physical address as a landlord. Please do not provide a PO Box address.