Washington Commercial Lease Agreement (Short Form) or form WLA 64 is an instrument suitable for carrying out a lease transaction between a landlord of a commercial property and an individual or an organization. 20 sections of this 3-page form comprise of various terms of tenancy; therefore, review them carefully. In addition, it is ideal that both parties prepare it together and sign before a notary public for acknowledgement. Please use the correct acknowledgement portion as the first one is reserved for a tenancy contract with individuals and the later one is reserved for a tenancy contract with an organization. All attached riders are a part of the contract as these riders offer flexibility of enclosing additional tenancy terms to the contract. In addition, you must attach Exhibit B, Premises Description to this lease contract. Please remember that Washington State Auditor’s/Recorder’s Office requires indexing information in RCW 36.18 and RCW 65.04 forms.
Steps to Prepare Washington Commercial Lease Agreement (Short Form)
- Begin by entering detailed return address.
- Then enter the reference number if any.
- List names of lessor and lessee on the respective lines. Please use a separate line for each additional name.
- Enter legal description on the next line.
- Enter Property Tax Parcel or Account number of the Assessor.
- Enter the date of execution of the lease agreement.
- Then enter the name and address of the lessor.
- Continue by specifying the name and address of the lessee.
- Premises: Enter description of the premises.
- Term: Enter the dates of commencement and termination of the lease on the respective lines.
- Rent: Enter lessor’s address to remit the rent. Specify monthly rent amount in words and figure on the respective lines. Then enter the amount of late charges on the next line. Enter the amount in words and figure and number of months towards the remittance of advance rent.
- Utilities and Fees: Please specify the name of a utility included in the rent payment if any.
- Use: Please describe the proposed use of the premises in detail. The landlord permits the premises use listed in this section of the lease agreement and no other use of the premises is allowed.
- Notice: Specify lessor’s address for sending notices if any. Then enter lessee’s address for sending notices if any.
- All lessors must sign on a separate line before a Washington notary public.
- All lessees must sign on a separate line before a Washington notary public.
- Please obtain notary acknowledgement. Inputs required are the name of the county, name of the signing party, date, notary print name, seal, and signature. Please use the first notary acknowledgement portion while leasing the premises to an individual. Similarly, please use the second acknowledgement portion while leasing the premises to an organization.