A tenant in Texas State requires Texas Standard State Lease Contract to enter into a tenancy with a lessor and TFC or Texas Facilities Commission on behalf of the Texas State. This contract complies with provisions in Title 10, Subtitle D of the Texas Government Code, the Texas Constitution, and Texas Law. However, please remember that the members of the Texas Facilities Commission approve such lease and Commission subjects it to revocation on 30-day notice upon rejection of approval by the quorum of the Commission members. Please review the terms and conditions of the tenancy prior to entering into an agreement. Complete and enclose following exhibits along with the lease agreement.
- Exhibit A – Rent Schedule
- Exhibit B – Lease Requirements
- Exhibit B1 – Agency Specific Requirements / Room Schedule
- Exhibit C – General Construction Notes
- Exhibit C1 – New Construction Notes
Steps to Prepare Texas Standard State Lease Contract
- Enter name of the city in Texas State.
- Section 1: Enter the date of execution of the lease contract in the required format. Then enter the legal name of the lessor on the next line.
- Section 2: Provide information about the property like area in sq. feet, location, building name, street address, city, zip code, and county name.
- Section 3: Specify the lease tenure in months, followed by the date of commencement of the lease, and the date of termination of the lease.
- Section 5: Please specify the number of times lease renewal is permissible and period in months for each renewal of the lease contract.
- Lessor and lessee must sign in the space reserved after section 10 and enter the print names.
Exhibit A – Rent Schedule
Prepare Exhibit A – Rent Schedule by providing information about the name of occupying agency, occupied area in sq. feet, annual base rate for each sq. foot, annual base for computing rent, and monthly base for computing rent in the respective spaces. Please attach Exhibit A to the lease contract.
Exhibit B – Lease Requirements
Exhibit B – Lease Requirements contains 35 sections containing the terms and conditions of the premises use and tenancy. Please review them carefully before signing the lease contract, as these are legally binding and a part of the original contract upon its enclosure. Please attach Exhibit B to the lease contract.
Exhibit B1 – Agency Specific Requirements / Room Schedule
Please complete Exhibit B1 in its entirety and attach to the lease agreement.
Exhibit C – General Construction Notes
Review Exhibit C carefully. It has five prominent sections and regulations about construction. Please attach a copy of Exhibit C to the lease contract.
Exhibit C1 – New Construction Notes
Exhibit C1 has information and regulations about new construction. Please review them carefully and attach a copy of the exhibit to the lease contract.