Texas Month to Month Rental Lease Agreement facilitates tenancy between a landlord and a tenant in Texas upon signing and entering into the residential tenancy contract. This legal instrument has 42 sections comprising of the terms and conditions of tenancy equally binding on both signing parties. In addition, these sections request various inputs and therefore, it is necessary that both parties prepare it together. This month-to-month lease contract is revocable upon the service of the 30-day notice of non-renewal of the lease. Please remember that the landlord grants 7 days to the tenant to cure the default if any. The tenant must
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the lease to its entirety
- Not keep pets on the premises
- Park only one automobile in the allotted parking space
- Maintain the premises and property in good condition
- Read and comply with additional terms and conditions of the lease agreement
- Date and sign the agreement to execute it
In addition, the landlord may require the tenant to file Rental Application Form and remit application processing fee to determine the eligibility of the tenant prior to entering into an agreement. The landlord has right to forfeit the security deposit in case the tenant revokes the lease contract without a 30-day advance notice.
Steps to Prepare Texas Month to Month Rental Lease Agreement
- Enter the legal name of the landlord.
- Enter the legal name of the tenant.
- Enter the date of execution of the lease agreement.
- Premises: Enter the physical address of the premises on the next line.
- Lease Term: This is a month-to-month lease agreement. Please enter the date of commencement of the lease.
- Lease Payments: Please enter the amount of monthly rent, due date of each month, and address to remit the rent on the respective lines. Then enter the starting day and the ending day of the lease to compute the prorated rent.
- Late Charges: Enter the due date for remitting the rent. Then enter the maximum permissible date for remitting rent, amount of late charge per day of delinquency, and last date for remitting overdue rent on the respective lines.
- Insufficient Funds: Enter the amount of bad check charges.
- Security Deposit: Please enter the amount of security deposit payable by the tenant to the landlord.
- Utilities and Services – Please enter the amounts of additional water usage charges and retroactive fee on the respective lines.
- Pets: Specify the amount of additional pet security deposit.
- Holdover: Enter the amount of monthly rent in case of tenant’s holdover.
- Parking: Provide information about the allotted parking space.
- The landlord must date and sign the lease agreement.
- The tenant must date and sign the agreement. In addition, the tenant must enter print name, information about the vehicle, and contact information like home, work, and mobile phone number on the respective lines.