The California student sublease agreement that is designated for students and roommates cases is subject to the California rental lease agreement. The provisions of the original lease are carried on to the sublease but the original tenant remains responsible. The California student sublease agreement follows the laid out guidelines and provisions of the California state laws and complies with California Civil Code § 1951.4.
How to fill the California student sublease agreement
On the top:
- The name of the tenant and subtenant are filled.
- The address of the property.
- The lease term from the commencement date to the expiry date.
- The amount of rent to be paid
- The amount to be paid as a security deposit
- Termination notice should be provided 30 days before termination of the tenancy. The notice indicates whether there will be a renewal as well.
- The number of tenants to occupy the premises and the shared spaces to be ticked appropriately.
- Overnight guests whether are allowed or not should be ticked appropriately.
- The percentage to be paid by the sublessee as the utility charges and telephone charges.
Details on the division of house chores.
- Indication of hours where the noise levels should be minimum to allow studying.
- Indication of whether smoking is allowed or not allowed in the apartment should be ticked appropriately.
- Indication of whether alcohol is allowed or not allowed in the apartment should be ticked appropriately.
- The parking space condition should be ticked appropriately.
- The student subtenant should comply with all the rules and guidelines as per the master lease. The name of the landlord should be filled.
- The sublessor should provide 30 days’ notice to the sublessor when terminating the master lease.
- The conditions of the premise should be indicated.
- The sublessee is not allowed to sublease the apartment or assign it without the written consent of the sublessor.
- Once both parties have agreed on all the stated terms, the agreement is enforced when both parties sign it.
- The last part includes the date, name, and signature of the sublessee and the sublessee.
The California student sub-lease agreement legally binds a sublessor and a sublessee and is written following outlined California state laws. Both parties have obligations that they are expected to follow without fail to allow for a smooth tenancy.